Friday 23 July 2010

What I want for my Birthday...

A couple of weeks ago Megan and I took a trip to the Victoria and Albert museum in London to see the Architects Build Small Spaces exhibition. It's a splendid exhibition for anyone who likes architecture, or climbing around barefoot in pieces of work in a museum. One of the pieces is an amazing free-standing tower of bookshelves which you can walk around in, climb the stairs, rest in the alcoves on each floor and take down a book or two to read.

It is beautiful. I wanted to live there. I wanted to take a few books from the shelves and quietly slip them into my bag. I wanted to count how many copies of The Time Traveller's Wife I could find. There's a good article about it in The Guardian.

But The Guardian doesn't have enough pictures, so here are some of those we took. Enjoy!

And here are a few of the other pieces you can see there.

No comments: